Saturday 27 July 2013

Thing 28: The meanest thing anyone has ever said to you

Originally posted to Facebook on July 14th, 2013. This one was pretty short.

Thing 28: The meanest thing anyone has ever said to you

I don't really keep a personal log of insults lodged against me over the years, so personally I've no idea. Words themselves don't really stick to me. Rather, the emotions behind those words stick, and so I can describe the feeling, but not the content of a particular slight.

If we approach this from a different angle, and examine the meanest thing anyone has ever said, period, I think Douglas Adams has already covered the crux of it.

The meanest thing anyone has ever said, is the answer to life, the universe, and everything. An answer which was sought by many but of use to none:

42.

No comments:

Post a Comment