Saturday 27 July 2013

Thing 25: Something you lost

Originally posted to Facebok on July 7th, 2013. Take it as you will.

Thing 25: Something you lost

It watches me. It sits on its perch, taunting, waiting, seeing, hearing, being, ready to crawl to the inside and make it burn. Precarious it sits. A push, a shove, a rustle, and SMASH. It ends. But no. It watches. It waits. Since the days before, it has sat, patiently ever the harbinger to the end. The fat one scorns, hands me lies and tells me they'll make the demon go away. But I know better. I have been watching, too. Always watching. I tear and scratch to make the walls into windows but always I watch. For it can't be trusted. It burns from the middle, all throughout, its gaze piercing and clawing through. As I watch it watching it watches me watch, and it smiles as I am undone. But undone will never be done. Ever the burning will be, and never will I succumb. I am stronger than this demon. As it watches, so too do I watch. Better is my watch, and though it burns me also do I burn it. I see the flicker, calling me. A spark of justice. Never and always they burn eternal. The flicker of the flames drown out the voices, calling for the fire within to be the fire without. But to burn I would have not watch, and always I watch. Always I watch. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment