Thursday 15 September 2016

Poems for the Broken Mind

This is a bit of a departure from my usual style, but I think it's a good thing. I won't provide context, as it will mean what it has to to those that it must, but know that it does mean something.

------


I'm walking on shells, can't you tell?
With this bitter knell
Ringing through the countryside,
Rocking out on hells bells


My chest swells with pride
As I look inside
Seeing two lovers crossed
Crissed upon the great divide


I sighed once, cried more
Tells you what I'd died for
My eyes dried, stymied
Beside our senseless rage war


And so it gets deflated
My chest can't hold the pressure now
Pop goes the weasel with his
Eyes beneath a furrowed brow


Bow down before my princess
Prostrate on the weathered stone
A known groan sown upon her lips
A slight she won’t allow


I look back
Wishing to atone for all those things I said
A blurry slurry hurrying
The fury in my bitter head


This can't be the end, I refuse to accept it
I've gotta find an answer, now we've both been rejected
My application denied; the truth I suspect is
You want this back as much as me. We're worth it.


Let's test it.

1 comment:

  1. This would make a great discussion piece....maybe at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete